When the CEO of a data center organization headquartered in the Midwest United States saw that they hadn’t met their sales objectives over three consecutive quarters, he called on the decades of real world experience ANTARA Group had to offer to help them meet and exceed their sales objectives. This client, with specialties in data centers, cloud storage and data security, operates five data centers around the country.
There were various challenges that this client was facing that prevented them from meeting their goal of 30% sales growth year over year:
- No sales lead generation accountability from sales team.
- No formal sales process.
- No sales training.
- No true sales leadership.
- No sales engineering mythology.
- No traceable ROI on marketing dollar spend from sales teams.
In working with our client, we implemented a complete sales turnaround strategy. The strategy included:
- Sales training that stressed value selling and focused the sales team on asking the right probing questions. We conducted these team training sessions over the course of three months.
- One on one sales coaching and deal review with individual members of the sales team.
- Lead generation accountability tied into a sales activity matrix
- Partner accountability
- Leading the search for a new sales leader
At the end of our time with this client, we were able to exceed their expectations. They have met their sales objectives for two consecutive quarters and are on track for their third quarter. They’ve hired a sales leader and now have measurable sales activity and true accountability for lead generation. We also helped them develop an execution plan between the sales and engineering teams to engage new clients.